Help the Cultural Learning team to test and pilot a new virtual learning resource.
The 360° tour enables a virtual visit to the whole museum with the ability to zoom in to take a closer look at objects and vistas. The Virtual Arts Award is an activity where participants explore the Hallway gallery virtually and look at the portraits by Theodore Kern who was an artist and lecturer at the then Luton Art School in the 1950s.
From the 21st February until the 30th June 2022
We need schools to help us test how to access virtual resources and to give us feedback on how the resources are used and work in the classroom.
Arts Award Discover is an introductory award, designed for ages 5 and above. To achieve Arts Award Discover, young people collect evidence in an individual arts log of their experience and discoveries. We have a special downloadable Arts Award log booklet and a suggestion of activities to support the SLN whilst creating a record their experience of:
- Participating in arts activities –
- Discover the Portrait paintings of Theodor Kern and other artists at the Museum.
- Find out about different art forms on display at Wardown House Museum.
- Create a self-portrait in the style of Theodor Kern.
- Researching artists and their work
- Discover the Luton Artist Theodor Kern and look at his artwork in our collections at Wardown House.
- Use ICT time to see more of Kern’s work on the Art.UK website and complete research for their arts award discover certificate.
- Sharing their discoveries
- Share your work virtually or via the post with their SLN partner school and tell them a little about you and your interests at the same time!
- The artwork can be displayed in school on the walls of assembly
- Display work at Wardown Park Museum in the café cases or around the museum.
Why get involved?
As this is a new resource, we would like to pilot the 360° tour and accompanying resources with your groups. We would welcome feedback from your teaching staff and children alike about how the resource can be used to compliment in-school learning of the subjects of painting, and portraiture. This would suit study in either the areas of curriculum of Art and Design, Computing for research of content and English.
We will provide all downloadable resources for your school including an Arts Log book (one required per child), fact sheets and supporting information to help research the artist and art form of portraits.
We can come and meet with your team/pairing to talk through the resources before you use them with your groups.
We will support opportunities to SHARE young people’s work at our sites where possible.
We will cover the cost for every child that completes and returns their log book to be moderated by an Arts Award Advisor in the team, each child will then receive an Arts Award Discover Certificate. This usually costs approx. £3.05 per child as we will be moderating a large group at once. We are offering this funding to all participating Schools Linking Network groups in 2022
Help us shape the virtual resource offer for schools and education settings and be the first to experience this new inspiring resource.
How to get involved?
Step 1: Sign up or join Museum Makers here
Step 2: Accept the challenge
Step 3: Await a response from the team
- Social Media
- Working with Children 6 - 12yrs
- Working with Young People
- Creative and Arts
- Learning and Education
- Teaching and Training