What is a Museum Maker Blogger
Museum Makers have their own dedicated blog to keep everyone up-to-date with what's going on at the museum and with the Museum Makers project. From blogging our latest updates, to who we are working with or just sharing some hot-off-the-press gossip, we are looking for a creative individual with a flair for writing who would be willing to contribute to our blog updates on a regular basis. Interviewing Museum Makers or talking about the hottest new museum trend. Help us to gain a following by putting your creativity to use. The Museum Makers Blogger will work alongside the Campaign and Evaluation Officer.
In this role you will help to:
- Produce regular blog updates to feature on www.museummakers.co.uk
- Share our blog updates via our social media platforms
- Interview occasional Museum Makers about their contribution to the project/or assist them in creating their own blog entry
- Blog about up-coming or recent events on the Museum Makers calendar
- Contribute creative content and blog post ideas for future blog posts
- Stay up to date with museum news and note anything blog-worthy
- Research what other museums are doing in the blogosphere
- Proof read all blog entries
Why should I do this?
- Gain work experience in a professional setting
- Contribute to the overall Museum Makers project and Wardown Park Museums sustainability by offering up your time
- Gain experience as a dedicated blogger and develop your writing style
- Have fun and work alongside a team of creative individuals
What skills/resources do I need ?
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to contribute individually
- Computer literate
- Able to piece together information from others to create blog content
- Polite and helpful
This role will suit people who have an interest in journalism, media, English and social media, who are enthusiastic and friendly, enjoy meeting people. And those who can commit to a mid to long term period of time.
How do I get involved ?
- Sign in to your Museum Makers account or sign-up here
- Apply for the role
- Await for a response from the project team, we will be in contact within 5 days with the necessary paperwork
- Social Media
- Web Development
- Creative and Arts
- Marketing and communications