We are looking for crocheters of all skill levels to help crochet lace panels for our large scale public lace art project to be installed this year at Stockwood Discovery Centre.
The sculpture, “The Trees” have been commissioned by The Culture Trust and funded by the Arts Council. The project consists of two 3m tall x 5m wide hand crocheted lace trees inspired by our lace collection.
This will be the artists Choi Shine Architects first new work in the UK, following their previous projects created in Amsterdam, Australia, Belgium, the US and Dubai. These projects were seen by 1,500,000 visitors with many more viewings from online visitors and publications.
We will provide instructions, patterns, materials (3mm polyester cord) and everyone involved will be credited
- You will be crocheting lace panels which will be part of the Lace Tree Public Art sculptures at Stockwood Discovery Centre.
- You will crochet panels based on your skill level.
- You will liaise with the artist Jin Choi to agree which panel you will be crochet.
- You will have to show your work in progress to the artist.
- You will be required to attend online crochet workshops
- All materials will be provided
- You will have ongoing support throughout the project.
By agreeing to accept this challenge you have given your permission for Museum Makers to pass on your contact details to the artists
Why get involved?
You will have the opportunity to work with International Artists Choi and Shine.
Your contribution will be part of a public Art Installation seen by the public
Your contribution will be acknowledged in Publicity as one of the makers.
The work may tour internationally and you will be acknowledged as one of the creators.
How to get involved?
Step 1: Sign into your Museum Maker account or sign up here
Step 2: Accept the challenge so we know you're supporting us just click on the blue button to accept.
Step 3: visit https://www.museummakers.co.uk/
Or If you are finding difficulty in getting signed up as a Museum Maker please email Jacqui.email@example.com
- Working independently
- Creative and Arts